Current Way Press Release: IP67 BC-Series 6.6kW EV Battery Charger
Current Ways Inc., a leading innovator of smart battery chargers for electric vehicles and alternative energy applications, announces the release of the BC-Series 6.6kWW EV Battery Charger featuring 3 models, 450 VDC, 750 VD C and 1020 VDC.
The BC Series EV Battery Charger has a fully isolated output for your protection. This versatile and ruggedized battery charger will operate in extremely wet or dusty environments providing years of reliable service. The BC-Series is designed to be adaptable to the requirements of the future.
Current Ways is now taking production quantity orders for deliveries starting October 2015 for Liquid Cooled models.
- IP67 Rated – sealed against water and dust
- Low mass – approximately 10kG
- High power density – approximately 14W/cu. in.
- Scalable – easily paralleled for 13.2KW / 19.8kW / 26.4kW and higher
- DSP Power controlled with Dual CAN Bus
(500kb/250kb/100kb) and built in fully compliant SAE J1772 interfaces
- Standard future-rick I/O capabilities
- Operates with up to +75C input liquid without derating
- Thermostatic control for liquid coolant pump
- Charge up to a 1000Vdc battery pack with next two model releases
Scalable – easily paralleled for 13.2KW / 19.8kW / 26.4kW and higher
The BC-Series EV Battery Charger was designed to be used in numerous markets and applications. The IP67 rated chargers are capable of operation in practically any environment and condition. From subzero temperatures to extreme heat, the BC-Series charger can withstand drastic conditions. Due to the ruggedness of the BC-Series charger, it can be adapted for use in various applications.
- Installed in PEV or PHEV vehicles to provide charging capability anywhere there is an AC source
- Parallel on-board chargers with off-board chargers for faster charging times
- Smart charging fleet trucks and vans
- Charging of storage batteries for wind or solar energy
- Municipality uses for charging stations to promote green initiatives as well as other uses
Visit us at the Electric & Hybrid Vehicle Technology Expo, Booth 820, September 15-17 in Novi, Michigan. For additional information, log on to www.CurrentWays.com or contact Ladge Leitner at 619-258-7700 or firstname.lastname@example.org.